Saturday, July 30, 2016

Embracing my inner nerd, and spreading it round.

For my birthday (or was it Christmas), my wonderful wife got me this fantastic Tee Turtle T-shirt that states, "I'm a Nerd....get over it!" and I believe it whole heartedly.  And more interestingly I'm spreading it around to my family too.  My wife has her own nerdiness, but I'm introducing my children to all the nerdy, dorky and goofy things that I love with hopes that they enjoy and embrace them too.

Beyond my ensatiable love of movies, I'm teaching them to love various books, introduced them to comic books and geeky television shows.

Recently my wife and I took my children (and wife too) to the Wizard World Comic Con here in Columbus.  It was all our first time to a Comic Con (I can believe I had not attended one yet), we all had an extremely wonderful time and found some wonderful treasures that we brought home (some Pop Vinyl figure and some comic books), met some cool artists and saw some really cool things.  I think it's safe to say that we will plan on returning next year.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying letting my nerdiness shine through with my family, and I'm glad they are envolved too.  Going to be a very interesting coming months and years, that's for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment