Friday, June 24, 2016

Challenge Complete....but successful?

So the Movie a Day May challenge has been over from some time now (since it's almost the end of June), but I'm still getting my recap in.  Though I gave it my all, sadly I failed in my attempt to watch 31 movies in 31 days in May.  Here is the recap for what was able to watch:

1st -  A Series of Unfortunate Events...Lemony Snicket
2nd - The Princess Bride
3rd - The Replacements
4th - South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
5th - The Holiday
6th - Cuban Fury
*7th - Man Up
*8th - Recess: Taking the Fifth Grade
*9th - Big Ass Spider
10th - Deadpool!!!!!!
11th - For a Good Time Call...
12th - Cool Runnings
*13th - Kull the Conqueror
*14th - Hector and the Search for Happiness
15th - 10 Things I Hate About You
16th - 
*17th - Kick Ass 2
18th - 
19th - 
20th -
21st - Monty Python & The Holy Grail
22nd - Bicentennial Man
23rd - History of the World, Part 1
*24th - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
*25th - Pan
26th - Avengers: Age of Ultron
27th - Ant-Man
*28th - Grease: Live
29th - The Phantom of the Opera (2004)
*30th - Captain America: Civil War
31st - 

Movies I've Seen Before = 16
Newly Seen Movies = 10
Days Missed = 5

I'm a little disappointed in myself, but hey.....life sometimes just gets in the way.  I'm still impressed with what I did get to watch.  I watch 10 new movies I haven't seen before and cleaned up my Netflix cue a little bit.  I'm even going to end up buying a few of them eventually (see future Moose Movie Minute post).

All in all though I did not complete the task and failed the challenge, I feel that it was a successful journey and I'm going to attempt it again next year.  But, maybe this time around I'll do a little pre-planning, like having all the movies I want to see listed in advance (and include some alternates).  Who knows...I've got over 10 months to get ready this time.

Anyway, off to the next challenge and more of life's adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment